Create a connection
Become a Buddy!
You can sign up to this project to build a close, friendly relationship with a refugee. A gesture of solidarity that helps the entire community. You will be able to offer your personal resources – social, interpersonal, professional – and a little of your time to help refugees build their lives in Italy.
The project is active in the cities of Turin, Bari, Naples, Rome, Milan, Palermo, Bergamo, Padua, Bologna, Parma.
What is a buddy?
A buddy is a volunteer who chooses to support a refugee in their journey of personal growth and integration for free. This means helping them solve everyday problems, offering support to make the best choices as well as in terms of study or work, sharing friendship and leisure time, and encouraging them to fulfill their potential.
Why become a buddy?
By choosing to become a buddy, you can: make a concrete gesture of solidarity and help to build a more inclusive community; enjoy an exchange experience that will enrich your life from a human perspective; make use of your skills and talents; discover different cultures and new worlds.
As a buddy, you can,
- help them discover the area and get to know places and people
- invite them to events as well as organise trips in the area and other social activities
- help them to learn Italian
- help them with socio-economic integration (finding a home and a job, preparing for exams and/or getting a driving license)
- provide support with bureaucratic procedures